HTerm is a terminal program for serial communication running on Windows and Linux.
- Supports all available hardware and virtual USB serial rs232 ports
- Supports all baud rates provided by the port
- Input and output in ASCII, hexadecimal, binary and decimal
- Sending and receiving of files
- Parity and flow-control
- Customization via XML configuration file
- View changelog, readme, licenses
- Download for Windows
- Download for Linux 64bit
- Download for Linux 32bit
- 0.8.8: Download for Windows, Linux 32bit, Linux 64bit
- 0.8.7: Download for Windows, Linux 32bit, Linux 64bit
- 0.8.6: Download for Windows, Linux 32bit, Linux 64bit
- 0.8.5: Download for Windows, Linux 32bit, Linux 64bit
- 0.8.4: Download for Windows, Linux 32bit, Linux 64bit
- 0.8.3: Download for Windows, Linux 32bit, Linux 64bit
- 0.8.2: Download for Windows, Linux 32bit, Linux 64bit
- 0.8.1: Download for Windows, Linux 32bit
- 0.6.5: Download for Windows
Start HTerm with a config file loaded
hterm.exe configuration.cfgon windows or
./hterm configuration.cfgon Linux.
Use custom baudrates
Enter the baudrate in the input field. If it is supported by the hardware it is used otherwise an error is printed.
Store custom baudrates in config file
Save a config file and open it in an editor. Search the XML hierarchy for
CfgFile/Default/Comport/Baudrateand add any rates needed to the comma separated list.
Mac OS port
A port of HTerm for MacOS is currently not planned or in development.
Raspberry Pi port
A port is currently being worked on.
Startup error on Linux: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
HTerm still uses gtk2 that might not be installed by default. Install via
sudo apt install libgtk2.0-0or similar depending on distribution.
In which language is HTerm written and which libraries does it use
HTerm is completely written in C++. For a list of used libraries see README.txt in the release archive.
Check readme for more tips and tricks.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
It is allowed to use this program in a commercial environment as long as the program itself is not sold in any way. Selling this program or modifying it in any way is strictly forbidden. It is also not allowed to offer a download of this program or redistribute it in any way without my written permission.
It is not allowed to use this program, if you do not agree with any of the above mentioned points
If in doubt about a special usage or anything else contact me at ‘hterm (at) der-hammer (dot) info’